What is Fresh Painting and when it is required?
In general we do Fresh Painting in newly constructed home, apartments. In Fresh painting walls are completely rough. Some times in old houses fresh painting is also needed when its wall condition is really bad, damaged or outer layer of old paint is completely broken.
Step I – Apply Primer and Putty.
Primer is a preparatory coating put on materials before painting. Priming ensures better adhesion of paint to the surface, increases paint durability, and provides additional protection for the material being painted. So primer is always used in fresh painting.
Putty is generally used for filling the minor cracks, wholes, damages to level the surface for painting. Putty is a generic term for a material with high plasticity, similar in texture to clay or dough, typically used in domestic construction and repair as a sealant or filler.
1. Apply One Coat of Primer, let it dry for approx 2 hours.
2. Apply One Coat of Putty on Newly Constructed Wall as base.
3. Let it dry for some time let say approx. 3-4 hours.
4. Apply Second Coat of Putty and Let it dry again for few hours.
5. Use Sand Paper for smoothening or levelling of wall surface.
6. Apply Second Coat of Primer after drying the putty.
Step II - Apply Paint
1. Get the requested products which need to be used, verify the color code, pour the paint in bucket and mix some amount of water.
2. Apply first coat of paint using roller and brush.
3. Let it dry for some hours and apply the second coat of Paint.
4. Final touchup if finishing is needed.
Repainting is done when your home is already painted once. It is required when you need to decorate the house afresh or old painted walls are not in good condition.
Step I – Prepare Wall for Painting
1. Scrap the old paint using sand paper to remove falkes, loose particles.
2. Fill the cracks, pores, damages using putty – wherever required.
Please note – putty is not required in re-painting in general, however one of coat of it can be used if walls are damaged badly.
Step II - Apply Primer
1. Apply one coat of primer to smoothen the surface.
2. Let is dry for few hours.
Step III – Apply Paint/ Designer Walls.
1. Apply two coat of paint successively after drying the first coat.
2. Or Get your texture/stencil/design work done
Please Note- Primer is must for Designer Walls.