Mildew is a condition in which the walls get affected by the fungus that accumulates on the walls of the room that is not well aerated and is visible like brown or black moulds on the surface of the wall. This is caused in situations where there are damp situations like kitchens and bathrooms.
Probable causes of mildew:
- Dampness in the room that accumulates moisture thus leading to moulds over the wall.
- The use of low-quality oil-based paints may also be one of the reasons for such a condition.
- Painting over the area from which the mildew has not been removed can cause mildew problems again.
- When a room fails to get sunlight and is not well aerated.
Solution for mildew:
- Apply household bleach and if that stain bleaches away then it is probably mildew. Then you have to remove the mould stains with the help of dilute bleach solution and then clean the surface and paint the area again if required.
- Also, you can use a de-humidifier for badly affected areas.
- You can also go for products that come for mould removal.
- You have to make sure that you install some exhaust fan or a chimney that will keep the room aerated and will keep your room mould free.